Menu

28 October 2015

Love and marriage... and illustrations!

The past few months I've been excited and busy designing my own wedding invitations, menu and other paper goodies. And I must say: it was quite difficult for me having to postpone this blogpost with the endresults until after our wedding day. ;-) But now I can finally share this... Yay!
My wedding theme was autumn, since John and I married on October 15, 2015 (15 years after we met in the fall of 2000). Here's what the envelopes with my very own stamps looked like...
I had been wanting to make our own address stamp for aaages, so now was the time!
Here's the complete wedding invitation suite (including the leaf-placement-cards, cake-toppers and thank-you flags to put on our wedding favours, which were little plants).
I wanted the card to tell a personal story. At the front I made an image of our two hands holding each other while sitting at a table. My hands are different, because of my juvenile rheumatoid arthritis; smaller and more fragile. But they can still love and create. This is how we often sit together at a restaurant... Simply enjoying each other company, sharing an apple pie, listening to music and each enjoying our own interests (me: a notebook and pen to write and make drawings / john: his iphone that symbolises his love for gadgets; being a software engineer and nerd in general).
And then at the inside it was all about our autumny wedding and our venue: De Hortus Botanicus in Leiden...

And to conclude: our matching menu...
All in all it was quite some work, but a joy to make!

10 comments:

  1. Hello, it's been a while! This is all so beautifully designed and perfect and personal. You did an amazing job! I hope you had the perfect day. Congratulations to you both x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Lesley! How nice to hear from you :-). I hope you are doing ok? Thank you so much for your kind words! Strange how it feels so different when making such a personal card for yourself (I'm my own worst critic ;-)), but I'm glad I did. Our day was lovely! Hope to see you soon on Instagram... x

      Delete
  2. Zo ongelofelijk mooi! Ik zou er zelf nooit aan beginnen, het zou nooit mooi genoeg zijn wat ik zelf maak. Wat goed van je dat je dat zelf hebt gedaan. Het is helemaal prachtig gewoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wat super lief! Dankjewel Sinitta! :) Jouw comment makes my day <3 Ik moet overigens zeggen dat ik stiekem net als jij ben; ik vond het heel tof om te maken, en tegelijk ook ontzettend moeilijk... Gelukkig kon ik uiteindelijk m'n perfectionisme laten varen, en genieten van het eindresultaat ;-)

      Delete
  3. Wat mooi en liefdevol! echt prachtig 😊 nu wil ik ook trouwen zodat ik kaartjes mag ontwerpen 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, dankjewel Gemma! Wat ontzettend leuk om te lezen :). Ik ben nu alvast benieuwd naar die trouwkaart van jou ;-)

      Delete
  4. Wow! I love your style of drawing. So cute and whimsical. Do you sell prints or notecards? I just discovered your blog. Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caterina! Sweet words and a lovely compliment to receive :). I don't own a shop yet... It's on my wish-to-do-list though. If there's any drawing in particular you like, I can always make a print for you of course. Drop me a line any time! With love from The Netherlands, Annemieke

      Delete
  5. so so Beautiful!! I love your style!! if you ever open a shop of your watercolor arts or printing, I definitely buy it!! greetings from Germany ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suxy! So sweet of you to say. :-) Have a happy weekend and warm greetings from the Netherlands back to you ^_^

      Delete